Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's a beautiful day



Today is one of those absolutely perfect Colorado summer days. It's 75 degrees out and beautiful. I had a riding lesson this morning and it was a nice change to not be riding in the heat.


Before heading out for my ride I had my standard summer berry breakfast.



I also had 2 unpictured pieces of Spelt toast with peanut butter, because I feel like I need a little extra nourishment for riding. Marco, the horse I ride was in a stubborn mood today, so he made me work really hard. I'm considering my hour long lesson my work out for the day. After all, I've got other things to tend to.



On Thursday I got my second official cake order, yay! One of my parent's friends called to order a birthday cake for her husband. It's a simple, round almond cake with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. Her husband was a pilot and still teaches flight lessons so she requested an aviation theme. We'll see how it turns out. Hopefully better than my last cake fiasco. So far so good :)



I put the cakes in the oven and whipped up a smoothie in a bowl before starting on the buttercream.

In my smoothie:





  • Strawberries


  • 2 T Organic cocoa powder


  • 1 scoop Vega natural protein powder



  • 1 Cup Silk unsweetend Almond milk


  • 1 tsp. Xanthan gum



  • tons of ice


  • Mixed berries for topping












No comments:

Post a Comment