Thursday, April 22, 2010




Another week of culinary school is behind. Man this new schedule (night classes) is killing me. I feel like my energy is zapped. I love to work out in the morning, but it's like I'm still so tired from the night before (classes are 7 hours long and I'm on my feet the whole time) that I have no energy in the a.m. even after 8 hrs sleep. I will have to find a remedy for this and soon, I can't afford to miss anymore workouts. Especially with the things we're making in class. This week we made quiches, tarte flambee, creme puffs, eclairs and linzer torte.

I haven't eaten any of it (yet, I have some saved for my cheat day this weekend), but I worry about all those little tastes adding up. Instead tonight I came up with a healthy dessert recipe to tide me over before bed:
Protein brownie in a bowl:
1 scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder
1 tsp. organic cocoa powder
1 packet stevia or sweetener of choice
1-2 egg whites
1 Tbsp pumpkin puree
water just to mix
stir all together in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 min.
(optional) top with whipped topping of choice ( I use sugar free cool whip or reddi-whip)
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment